Premium performance in a compact and rugged reference pressure monitor
- Independent quartz reference pressure transducer modules (Q-RPTs) with individual self-defense systems (SDS™) (See Q-RPT module advantages under “Features.”)
- Infinite Ranging and AutoRange™
- Differential measurement mode (channel 1- channel 2)
- 15 kPa (2.2 psi) compound gauge Q-RPT with turndown to < 3 kPa (0.4 psi)
- Integrates with PPC4 as external reference measurement device
- Battery/charger pack available
- RPM4 carries on the tradition of the RPM line of pressure monitors: combining very high end performance with ruggedness and reliability
- Stability based Ready/Not Ready indication
- Built-in fluid head corrections
- User defined pressure units
- Intelligent AutoZero™ function
- Remote [ENTER] switch
- Large character, easy to read display
- 12 V dc power and battery pack option
- External valve drivers
- RS232 and IEEE-488 communications
- PC based recalibration utility software included
- Flash memory for simple and free embedded
RPM4 Reference Pressure Monitor is different from traditional pressure monitors. State-of-the-art performance from very low pressure to 280 MPa (40,000 psi)… advanced on-board features… compact and rugged… full local and remote communications… RPM4 is the perfect solution in a wide variety of high end pressure calibration, testing and measurement applications.
Infinite Ranging™ and AutoRange™
Infinite Ranging gives RPM4 Reference Pressure Monitor unprecedented versatility in adapting to the specific range of operation. With the easy-to-use AutoRange function, a few simple key strokes or a single remote command string at the start of a test adapt every feature of the pressure monitor to optimize it for the range to be covered. Just enter the maximum pressure and the measurement mode. AutoRange then:
- Selects and activates the most appropriate Q-RPT to cover the specified range and measurement mode.
- Sets the pressure unit of measure. • Activates absolute, gauge or compound gauge measurement.
- Adjusts display resolution to the appropriate level for the range.
- Adjusts overpressure alarms to the actual range of operation.
- Reduces measurement uncertainty proportionally to the selected range (premium class Q-RPTs only).
Note: The use of RPM4’s Infinite Ranging and AutoRange feature is recommended to optimize operation for a specific range but is not required to obtain “% of reading measurement specifications.
SDS™ Q-RPT self defense system
All Q-RPT modules up to 7 MPa (1 000 psi) include the unique Self Defense System™ (SDS). SDS valves automatically isolate and vent the module’s Q-RPT when it is not in use or an overpressure is about to occur. With SDS, any Q-RPT module can be left connected to pressure up to 10 MPa (1 500 psi) without needing to isolate or disconnect it.
Advanced on-board functions
RPM4 pressure monitors provides a variety of advanced on-board pressure data functions including:
- Special data such as pressure average over time, rate of change, hi/lo, freeze, deviation from set point.
- Differential mode directly measures the difference between two Q-RPTs including taring at the line pressure.
- Parallel measurement uses two Q-RPTs redundantly as one.
- Leak check measures average pressure rate of change over a user set time period.
- AutoTest automates calibration routines with tolerance testing and data logging.
Quartz reference pressure transducer (Q-RPT) modules
RPM4’s outstanding pressure measurement specifications are made possible by Fluke Calibration’s exclusive quartz reference pressure transducer (Q-RPT) modules.
Q-RPTs measure pressure by measuring the change in the natural oscillating frequency of a quartz crystal with pressure induced stress. To be qualified for use in a Q-RPT module, each transducer is individually evaluated and characterized using primary pressure standards. Only transducers exhibiting required levels of linearity, repeatability and stability are selected. A proprietary compensation model, derived from more than 15 years experience with thousands of quartz pressure transducers, is applied to optimize the metrological characteristics needed in a transfer standard. Standard and premium class Q-RPT modules are available to best fit your performance and budgetary requirements.
A unique dynamic compensation for atmospheric pressure system uses an independent on-board barometer to provide seamless switching between absolute, gauge and compound gauge modes at any time. The barometer is used only to measure the small variations in atmospheric pressure that occur during gauge mode operation so its absolute error and drift over time do not contribute to measurement uncertainty. Q-RPT modules offer the advantages of:
- % of reading measurement uncertainty with AutoRange span turndown available
- Negligible warm up time
- No gas species dependence
- Quartz element isolated from test medium
- Low sensitivity to orientation
Q-PRTs and ranges
|Q-RPT Designation||SI Version||US Version||Measurement MODE(s) Supported||Operating Media||SDSTMSelf Defense System|
|Maximum Range [kPa] Absolute||Maximum Range [kPa] Gauge||Maximum Range [psi] Absolute||Maximum Range [psi] Gauge|
|A280M-L||280 000||280 000||40 000||40 000||Absolute, Gauge and Compound Gauge||Gas Stndard
|A200M-L||200 000||200 000||30 000||30 000|
|A140M-L||140 000||140 000||20 000||20 000|
|A100M-L||100 000||100 000||15 000||15 000|
|A70M||70 000||70 000||10 000||10 000||Gas Standard
|A40M||40 000||40 000||6 000||6 000|
|A20M||20 000||20 000||3 000||3 000|
|A14M||14 000||14 000||2 000||2 000|
|A10M||10 000||10 000||1 500||1 500||Included|
|A7M||7 000||7 000||1 000||1 000|
|A3.5M||3 500||3 500||500||500||Gas only|
|A2M||2 000||2 000||300||300|
|A1.4M||1 400||1 400||200||200|
1 BA100K is a barometer with a low point of 70 kPa (10 psia).
2 BG15K is bidirectional gauge from – 15 to + 15 kPa (- 2.2 to + 2.2 psi).
Compatible with PPC4 Automated Pressure Controller
RPM4 can be used as an external reference pressure measurement device for a Fluke Calibration PPC4, fully automated, pressure controller/calibrator. One RPM4 can be connected to PPC4 by 9-pin RS232 cable. The RPM4’s Q-RPT(s) become part of the PPC4 system and are managed by the PPC4 transparently to the user. There is only one test connection for the PPC4 system’s full range of operation.